ABERIGH-MACKAY, George Robert. 25.7.1848 — Indore 12.1.1881. British Teacher in India. Son of Rev. Dr. James A.-M. and Lucia Livingston Reed, educated privately in Scotland. Studies at Oxford (Magdalen College School) and Cambridge (St.Catherine’s College). Joined Indian Education Department in 1870 in Bareli, 1873 Professor of English Literature at Delhi College, 1876 Tutor of Raja of Ratlam, 1877 Principal of Rajkumar College, Indore. Fellow of Calcutta University 1880. Died of tetanus. Married 1873 Mary Ann Louisa Cherry, four daughters.
Publications: Notes on Western Turkistan. 96 p. Calcutta 1875.
– The Times of India Hand-book of Hindustan. 10+225+17 p. Bombay 1875.
– Manual of Indian Sport. Big Game. 222 p. Bombay 1876.
– Native Chiefs and their States in 1877. 2nd ed. 91 p. Bombay 1878.
– The sovereign Princes and Chiefs of Central India. 133+219 p. Calcutta 1879.
– Twenty-One Days in India; The tour of Sir Ali Baba. 210 p. L. 1881, and several editions.
– Serious reflections and other contributions. 306 p. Bombay 1881.
Sources: Buckland, Dictionary; Wikipedia.
Last Updated on 8 months by Admin