GRIBBLE, James Dunning Baker. Newport, Devonshire 1841 — 1906. British Civil Servant in India. In Madras Civil Service in 1863-82. In 1875 he was Acting Sub-Collector in Cuddapah. Later on, served in Scottish police. Married Theodosia Baierlein, daughter of a German missionary, six children.
Publications: A Manual of the District of Cuddapah. 11+369 p. Madras 1875.
– At Home Leave. Love Songs from India, New and Old. 130 p. L. 1872.
– With E. R. Baierlein: The land of the Tamulians and its missions. 10+242 p. Madras 1875.
– Two Native States: Being Letters from Hyderabad and Mysore. Reprinted from the Madras Christian College Magazine. 120 p. Madras 1886.
– With P. Hehir: Outlines of medical jurisprudence for India. 512 p. 1892, new ed. 709 p. 1908.
– History of the Deccan. 1-2. L. 1896, new ed. 1924 (completed by M. Pendlebury).
– History of Freemasonary in Hyderabad (Deccan). 291 p. Madras 1910.
Sources: myheritage and stray notes in Internet.
Last Updated on 1 year by Admin